9.11.12

Say what?

Several weeks ago I had a parent in my office yelling at me because her daughter's had lice. (Because it's totally my fault, I go around planting lice in children's hair.) She threatened lawsuits, reporting my supposed negligence to the district office, etc. I didn't even write about it in this blog because such incidents have become commonplace over the last two years, and in comparison to Time Bomb diabetic...well, it's just lice.

Fast forward to today. Said parent stopped by my office to tell me her daughters have been lice-free for a few weeks now and "I'm sorry if I was rude to you." I refrained from saying, "Yes, in fact you were very rude" and instead told her, as I had several weeks ago, that I understand lice is frustrating and stressful to deal with. I don't think a parent has ever apologized for being rude, and this parent continued on to say she had been pretty stressed out (lice and a divorce at the same time) and was sorry for taking that out on me. I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped open and stayed so during this conversation, but at least I managed to stay on the chair.

It was a pleasant thing to happen on a Friday heading into Veteran's Day weekend, which will be followed by minimum days next week, which will be followed by a week off for Thanksgiving. Time Bomb diabetic is officially not my responsibility, she's another nurse's now, and screening season is winding down. Hallelujah, the tides may finally be turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment