6.6.12

Sarcasm.

Dear mother of my diabetic,
Thank you for having little to no contact with me throughout the year. Thank you for changing your phone number three times, never telling me when you did so. Thank you for not once including a carb count on those handful of times that you sent your daughter to school with a packed lunch  Thank you for when it was her birthday, not warning me that you would be surprising her with a McDonald's lunch, and not thinking to let me know what she had. I really enjoy trying to identify food items from their greasy packaging, and tracking down an estimated carb count online. Thank you for having a daughter that is so desperate for attention she recently said that she was going to "accidentally" deliver 60 units of insulin via her new insulin pen so that she could go to the emergency room. But most of all, thank you for complaining about me when you took her to her semi-annual check-up at the diabetic clinic. I really appreciate having to defend myself and the nursing care I've been faithfully delivering to your daughter with more careful attention than you seem to do at home.
Love,
Your daughter's clearly incompetent school nurse.

Ugh. Parents can really be the bane of my existence sometimes. Thank goodness the diabetic nurse listened to my end of the story, and ended our phone call with, "You're doing a good job. Keep it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment