12.9.12

Still.

I have a lot I could write about: the sweetest lice-ridden girls I know, how Spitfire diabetic has me so wrapped around her finger that I am typing with ten painted fingernails for the first time in years, how I drove past my old shuttered middle school and thought of all the kids that used to go there and now are having trouble getting to their new middle school, or how this morning when I came in and found a girl crying in my middle school office it was because a friend had just told her she'd seen that girl's mom and sister get hit by a car while crossing a busy street (later verified). But when I sit down at my computer to write, I can't think of much other than the continuing interpersonal conflicts happening among my co-workers, and I don't want that to overshadow the rest of my job any more than it already is. I'm nostalgic for the days when parents were my biggest problems; for my faithful readers, thank you for your patience and hold on tight. I will resume my regular writing just as soon as my brain can handle it. 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/9/12 17:45

    Hang in there. Catty coworkers are difficult, it's amazing how much effort they can put into making someone else's life difficult and miserable. Sad way to make themselves feel "good" about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13/9/12 11:50

    Us school nurses need to stick together...corny advice for dealing with the problem of not sticking together, huh?! As my teacher friend and I always say, "School would be great, if it wasn't for the adults." :) I enjoy your blog so much...even though I'm in a rural mid-Missouri town of 1000 and only have 500+ K-12 kids to love...I love hearing how the lives of school nurses are so alike wherever we may be. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you won't let nastiness win over compassionate care for the kids. Hang in there.

    Painted nails? I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete