5.12.12

Watch your back

I had been in the staff lounge heating up my lunch, and returned to my office to find a boy laying on the cot. He nodded his head as I asked if he wasn't feeling well, and was about to tell him to rest for a few when I was summoned by the secretary. Her phone had just rang, with the sickly boy's teacher on the other end of the line. She was laughing as she told me what the teacher said: the boy had been in class, complained he wasn't feeling well and asked to see the nurse. The teacher relented only to watch the boy out her window happily skip his way down to my office, and after seeing that, she wanted him back in class. I broke the news to the actor: "Buddy, I'm sorry but you're going to have to go back to class. Your teacher saw you skip down here." He was crushed, and as he hung his head in disappointment, I recommended next time he stick with his act a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment