5.3.14

Spitfire strikes again

Next week is my last week before maternity leave starts, so we decided the LVN that I'd been training would cover Spitfire on her own Monday so that she could get a feel for things. Well, she lived up to her a nickname...

First, she asked the LVN what she was doing there, and the LVN explained that I'd be on leave soon so she wanted to get acquainted with her. Spitfire's retort: "Well, you better not kill me or else my mom will be really mad." Now that's a way to make a new nurse feel welcome. 

Second, she returned after lunch for her insulin, but then left again quickly saying she'd be right back...And of course, she never came back, and the LVN had to go hunt her down. I had to explain to the LVN that she most definitely did not forget, she was just testing the new nurse to see what she could get away with. 

The following day, I had a little chat with Spitfire about her behavior, and hopefully it won't happen again. Still, I couldn't help but laugh at it: the girl has some serious spunk and is making it clear to everyone that she is none too happy about my impending absence. 

1 comment:

  1. Ehh, this Spitfire person just needs to deal with it :)

    ReplyDelete