21.10.10

Honesty is the best policy

I took a suggestion and asked one of my nosebleeders today if his hands were near his nose when it started. In response, I got a refreshingly honest answer: "Well, I was standing in lunch line and I was bored and then my fingers were in my nose." Not that the kid will learn - he says he has them almost everyday.

The event of the day was when a man came into the main office shouting, "Emergency!" Turns out some kids were stealing bikes from the bike racks and he happened to be walking into the school when it happened. The police were called and found the kids and the bikes a couple blocks away. The kids being middle school students. Middle school students of the middle school I work at. Reality hit: I really do work with juvenile delinquents, just as I was told I was working with at that school (by the attendance clerk, and yes, it is a full time job dealing with attendance at this school). I don't know what's worse: middle school students carrying bolt cutters and stealing bikes from elementary schools during school hours, or the scandal at my other elementary school last week, which were the kids caught with cigarettes and lighters. Oh, kids. Keep your innocence while you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment