20.10.10

Quotes of the day:

One of my regulars was in the office finishing up her blood sugar duties when a boy came in for his hearing screen. I said we would wait until the regular left so the room would be silent. As soon as she did so, the hearing test boy said, "Is that your daughter?" Nearly speechless, I asked if I looked old enough to have a daughter in middle school. Totally serious, the boy responded: "Yes." I don't know if he thinks this because people he associates with do have children as teenagers, or if I actually look that old to him. As I learned as a camp nurse, children have no concept of age: I was pegged at ages ranging from 20 - 53 by them.

Later in the day, a girl came in with a terrible limp and said she rolled her ankle in basketball during P.E. The conversation was this:
Me: "Can you take your shoe and sock off so I can take a look at it?"
Gimpy: "Oh, no, it doesn't hurt."
Me: "Um... Do you want some ice?"
Gimpy: "Yeah! That's what I came here for."
And out she walked, without a limp. Another magical cure brought to you by Nurse Erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment