16.11.10

These are a few of my favorite things:

Putting teeth into little plastic tooth-shaped capsules for children to take home.

A certain girl at one of my schools who comes in every time I am here, always volunteering to be the buddy in her classroom to walk the ill and injured to my office in order to see me; better still is when I can make her laugh.

Curing stomachaches and headaches alike with a cup of water and some TLC.

Answering questions ranging from "How did you get to be a nurse?" to "What's a bladder?"

Hearing every facet of the children's lives while they wait in my office to be picked up.


However, my least favorite things include, but are not limited to:

Mass screenings of kids who think they're too cool to have their hearing and vision tested.

Nurses meetings where, consistently, absolutely nothing is accomplished.

Trainings, no matter what kind: MediCal billing, SEIS, Aeries. These are the most painful of all things to me, and the instructor always seems to want to go over the coursework as. Slow. As. Possible.

Tomorrow my day will include all of my least favorite things. I have been dreading the day for weeks, and my refrigerator is stocked in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment