30.11.11

Vaccines are not 100% effective

These past two days and nights have been consumed by a case of a contagious disease at my middle school and the subsequent mess that is following it. Out of concern for my own job security, I'll leave it at this:
1. No, vaccines are not 100% effective.
2. Safety is a greater concern to me than money for the school, though not everyone agrees with that prioritization.
3. People don't like it when you disagree with them, even if it's your supposed area of expertise.
 a) Adding "PHN" (Public Health Nurse) to my email signature is my passive-agressive way of expressing my frustration.
 b) Calling the Public Health Department is my direct way of expressing my frustration.
4. IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER.
5. If you're not going to listen to my input, leave me out of it completely and let me get back to what matters: the kids.

If our nursing staff wasn't so thinned out, I'd be sweating right now - I know I have ruffled some feathers. Instead, I expect that the imaginary performance review that I've never had and probably never will, will have a bit of a blemish on it.

What a really terrible two days this has been, so when the crazy mother/grandmother of my high maintenance diabetic boy tells me, out of the blue, how much she appreciates me and how much her son looks forward to seeing me every day, I want to record her words and play them back on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment