2.11.11

Twilighting

We like to say we're in the Twilight Zone in the area I work in: it can be just SO weird. I was "twilighting" yesterday, big time:

1) I was stopped at a stoplight on my way to check a diabetic when out of the van next to me hopped a middle-aged woman in a bra and yoga pants to fix her wedgie. (I'm not exaggerating. Black lacy bra, yoga pants. That was all.)

2) Lice Mom returned for another lice check with her daughter. I stood up to check her daughter's hair, and as I did, she sat down in her track suit and Ugg boots at my desk. She proceeded, sitting at my desk, to talk at me for a solid twenty minutes - even answering a phone call while she sat there. When I finally got her out of my office, she asked her daughter to retrieve her purse so she could show me the prescription for some lice treatment. (Sorry parents, I don't care what chemicals you've put on your child's head; if they have lice, they have lice.) The daughter returned with it and a 6 week old kitten that apparently had been sitting in their car, and the mother pulled open her purse. She caught a bottle of marijuana buds just as they were about to fall out. (I'm in California, and they were in a presciription bottle - I have no doubt she has a medical marijuana card, so I didn't question the contents.)

3) A father came to the office wearing a bright blue suit, bowtie, and bluetooth in his ear. Halloween is over, man.

And this is why I commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment