9.12.11

I am not making this up:

A parent sent her seeping, oozing, bump-covered, chickenpox-infested child to my middle school. "He doesn't have a fever anymore, so he's fine, right?"

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Tip of the week: If your child is oozing ANYTHING, either cover it up completely or better, just keep them home. Particularly if it is a very contagious disease, like chickenpox.

To make this situation even more horrifically comical, this student is autistic, and while waiting for his mom, was angrily waving around yelling at everyone, "I'm fine!" I picture the virus being flung around willy nilly while he's doing this in the main office, which is what every nurse wants at their school.

Four more days of the little rugrats before three weeks of winter break. I hope they all stay home in their own houses with their viruses.

No comments:

Post a Comment