2.12.10

Expect the unexpected.

Today a boy came in with a bleeding sclera (the white part of your eye) after being poked in the eye with a pencil. He was walking around as though he was fine but OUCH! I've seen a lot of eye pokes, but nothing near a severity invoking bleeding. Thank goodness I've been here a few months now and can call a parent with confidence about this kind of situation; I'm even more thankful for the mother that came to pick him up. She was one of the most gracious parents I've ever encountered (not saying much, but still, it's appreciated); thanking me over the phone and even more profusely in person - just for being here! How nice.

Not coincidentally, this incident happened in a previously mentioned completely out-of-control classroom. Teachers, please, control your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment