13.1.12

Semester 2, Week 1: Success.

So I didn't switch schools this week as I've been being promised for months, leaving me still split between two towns. So the mother of a child for whom I have been asking for an Epipen (bee sting allergy, and there are tons of bee stings in the spring), once again did not show up to the 504 meeting that has been rescheduled twice, even though she confirmed with the school secretary that morning that she would be present this time around. So I had to send home some of my sweeties because their mom is, I found out later to no surprise, the kind of mom who takes her middle and high school-aged kids shopping on school days when she's off work - it's no wonder their house always has lice. So I was scoffed at by a teacher when she asked me how many times the aforementioned sweeties have been sent home and I answered only twice this year, knowing I had just looked at my log (insider tip: school nurses are terrible at documentation, but for these kids, I've smartened up and am logging every time they go home) and was positive of the answer. So she didn't apologize or even acknowledge I was right when the attendance clerk printed out the attendance record showing they had been sent home exactly when I'd said they were. I'll still mark this week off as a success, because I'm not going into the weekend thinking I want to call in sick next week. 

It did, however, end with a bang that's left me exhausted. Stay tuned until next week, when we'll play What's Wrong With This Picture? in regards to a 9-1-1 call I was involved in this morning - yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment