23.1.14

Spitfire again

Spitfire's blood sugar continues to be totally out of control, and so we found ourselves in my office waiting for someone to pick her up due to high ketones yet again. My belly has become the elephant in the room to her, so it wasn't long before conversation turned to my future baby. 
Spitfire: "So are you having a boy or a girl?"
Me: "I don't know, it's going to be a surprise."
Spitfire: "How do you not know?! What kind of parent ARE you?!"

I explained that I like surprises, and wanted to wait to find out until the baby is born...which turned into a conversation about how people find out the sex of their children ahead of time...which started with showing her an ultrasound picture of my own baby's face...and then I realized I was going to have to explain how the baby's anatomy is examined to determine the sex. Yeah, I changed the subject after showing her the ultrasound picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment