30.9.14

Get some Kleenex

A man called me at my elementary school early one morning: he is a single father, he explained, and his daughter had just started menstruating. Could I please check on her and make sure she has everything she needs? He works the night shift and wasn't able to get as many supplies for her as he wanted. 

Sure, I said. Easy. I called the student down: she has Down's Syndrome, as it turned out, and I went over some basics with her and her teacher. Later I found out that the daughter's mother, the man's wife, had passed away recently. As one of my friends said as I relayed this story to her: some people have real problems. 

2 comments:

  1. <3 You have a good heart lady, a very good heart.

    Poor guy. I cannot imagine how awkward and difficult it must have been for him to call you. He did the right thing though for his daughter and that says so much about his character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really poor guy with his daughter. It's a tough moment for him but he did the right thing for the sake of his daughter. Kudos to this great father!

    ReplyDelete