24.2.11

Oops

I used to think a 9-1-1 call was a bad way to start a day, but today I found something worse: pulling up to school and having a fire truck and ambulance already in the parking lot. Whoops. I felt a little nauseous and wanted to turn around and call in sick, but instead dragged myself into the parking lot. It wasn't serious, thankfully, a kid just had his finger stuck in a bench. They were able to get it out with ample dish soap and were leaving - the kid with his parents, and not in the ambulance - when I arrived, and I walked inside with the principal. I was petrified of what she might say regarding my tardiness; instead she greeted me with a "Hello! He's fine! Are you going skiing this weekend, it's supposed to be fantastic up there!!" 


Thank the snow gods she didn't seem the least bit put off by my absence, but I apologized anyway. I know I can't be everywhere at once, but I do know I was supposed to be there by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment