20.9.11

Growing Up Too Fast

I picked up a first grader from class to do a vision screening after the teacher reported he looks cross-eyed. I recognized him from kindergarten, and made some small talk on the way to my office:
 
Me: How are things going this year?
Cross-Eyed Boy: Not so well, I'm kind of sick.
Me: I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. What doesn't feel good?
Cross-Eyed Boy: Well, it's almost the one-year day of my uncle's death. He died in a car accident. Everyone is kind of stressed out about it at home.
Me: Oh...
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A pair of fifth grader girls were sent to the principal's office today after being caught writing "sexual notes" as they confessed to everyone who asked what they were doing sitting in the hallway. Super.

No comments:

Post a Comment