17.5.12

:) x a million

I came to my elementary school to check my two diabetics at lunchtime, just as I do every day. My spitfire diabetic came in and plopped on my desk a "Large Print Crossword Puzzles" book. She told me it was my (only slightly) belated birthday present, and recalled I liked crossword puzzles from a conversation ages ago. It was before Christmas break, where she saw me working on a crossword puzzle and solved a couple of clues with me. I told her how much I love crossword puzzles, and she told me she was going to get me a book for Christmas, and then, when that passed, for my birthday. I gave her a big hug and told her how thoughtful that was, and she replied, "Well, just don't tell the other nurses, because I don't normally get my nurses presents." It proves what I tell anyone who listens: this girl has a bigger heart than most people think. I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment