9.7.12

Counselors are as much work as the kids

I had the following conversation with a girl I'll call Airhead Counselor (AC):
AC: So, I'm, like, breaking out in hives. Can I get some medicine for it?
Me: Sure. How long have you had the hives?
AC: Um...Like, two years?
Me: Okay...Have you seen a doctor at all? I can give you some allergy medicine, but it's probably not going to go away overnight.
AC: Well, yeah, but they didn't tell me anything. What can you give me?
Me: [Explains Benadryl and it's possible side effects, and Zyrtec.]
AC: So, Benadryl is stronger, right?
Me: Where did you get that idea?
AC: Well you said it might make me fall asleep. And it's 25 mg, and Zyrtec is 10.
Me: Okay, they're two different antihistamines. You can't compare the milligrams, because it's two different compounds.
AC: But Benadryl is stronger, because it's 25 mg, so can I have that one?
Me: No. If you've never taken it, I don't want to give it to you now and in the middle of the day, because you're working and you might get pretty drowsy. I'll give you the Zyrtec.
AC: Can you give me more than one?
Me: No. I'll give you one, they're 24 hour pills.
AC: When can I come back for another?
Me: How about in 24 hours?

AGHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment