24.5.13

Just another day at the office

During scoliosis screening, with intermittent breaks between class periods, I was kept busy with the following:
1. Relaying an observation from a teacher to a mother that her son has been appearing to flip a switch in terms of attention. The way he's been "spacing out" with blank stares seemingly unrelated to stress or any other sort of pattern was a concern enough to suggest he need an evaluation, which is always a pleasant thing to tell a parent. 
2. Listening to a complicated lice issue: Biological mother has recently gained visitation rights to her son, and she told me he came to her house with lice on the last visit. She wanted me to follow up with the guardian that the lice has been taken care of. Guardian says the lice were planted by the biological mother. Lovely. 
3. Sending out letters to the 120 6th graders at my school who have still not turned in their proof of Tdap immunization that is required for entering the 7th grade. 
4. Another lice complaint and request for a class lice check. 
5. An email from the speech therapist complaining some of my results were inaccurate (which I had to politely disagree with). 
6. Finding out that the P.E. teacher had distributed the scoliosis notification to parents to the opposite students I needed: 8th grade girls and 7th grade boys instead of 7th grade girls and 8th grade boys. 

Needless to say, I'm glad it's a long weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment