28.5.13

The Minds of Children

I received a call from Diabetic Land that Spitfire's blood sugar was 56. They put me on the phone with her and I told her to stay in the office,  what to eat and when to re-check her blood sugar. As she was getting off the phone with me, she told me what was really important: "Oh and don't forget, it's my field trip tomorrow." 

Yes, little lady, when you're feeling shaky and your blood sugar is in the 50's - soon to be in the 40's, as it would happen - I am concerned about your field trip.

1 comment:

  1. Shows she's a good normal kid, I'd say!

    I'm going Monday on a field trip with two kids who have EpiPens (mostly b/c the teacher asked me to go, not b/c those two kids need to inject Epi so often!). I enjoyed reading your description of forgetting to give the other kid his ritalin. I told the teacher they may have to wait a few mins for me while I finish my lunchtime meds (I have it easy in that we're not leaving until lunch ends).

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete