6.4.11

The fleecing of your tax dollars, continued

In case anyone has been wondering where I've been, I've been here... but not the kids. They are on their second week of spring break and return Monday - finally! Wondering what the school nurse does working during spring break? Making phone calls and signing letters demanding Tdap records be provided. My contract is based on 185 days, and since I was hired two weeks into the year, I'm making those days up now. [Note: At the time I was signing paperwork for this position, I asked to just have the normal work schedule of the other nurses and prorate my salary. HR's response, verbatim: "That's too complicated."] One positive thing I have to say about working these weeks is that the phone calls have been nothing short of entertaining - you never know who's going to answer. When I called one wrong number, the woman responded, "What? I have kids?" Others asked me what I was doing working during spring break (I don't know), and hearing the startled voice of students who answered was quite fun. Even more entertaining was the vast array of answering machine messages, though I really can't take any more hip hop music right now.

'Til next week when the little ones return...

No comments:

Post a Comment