15.4.11

Super sad

There are two sisters in 2nd and 3rd grade that come to school totally filthy, every day. I've sent these girls home for lice repeatedly, including the first day of spring break's intersession, where they were supposed to try to catch up on what they'd missed because of their frequent absences. They had been sent home yesterday for lice and mom tried sneaking them back in today by having them walk to class, hoping they'd bypass the office. The teachers sent them down to my office, and back to their house they went. The most noticeable thing about both of them is their utter filth, and from what I've heard, mom's even dirtier. I was talking to one of their teachers about them - she was asking me how she might be able to politely donate her daughter's old clothes to the girls, because her own children don't need the excess clothes, without implying to the mother that her kids are dirty - and she told me that the mother of another one of her students asked if the girls have parents...because, she said, they're so dirty and always alone. 


This is something I've learned on the job: some people should not be allowed to have children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment