20.4.11

Oh, to be innocent...

This morning a student peered over the counter to ask the attendance clerk a question: "Excuse me? What's 4/20? Because someone just told me 'Happy 4/20' and I don't know what it means."

Edit: turns out I am. One of my diabetic students, a regular, came in and noticed the temporary tattoo on my arm (leftover from weekend fun). She asked if it was real, when I said no, she said, "Good." I asked why I wasn't allowed to get a tattoo, and heard this: "Because you're innocent! You have to stay that way!" It's so cute that these kids think I have no life outside of this office.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. Nurse,

    I am Jessica Mitchell, a public relations coordinator. I am working with the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America and Rainbow Uniforms on a national donation drive. I was wondering if you could share the news release with your readers, friends and family. Thank you for your help.


    Best Wishes,
    Jessica Mitchell
    Public Relations, M.S. 2011
    Syracuse University
    Jamitc02@syr.edu

    Here is the info:

    The Sickle Cell Disease Association of America & Rainbow Uniforms Unite for Sickle Cell Anemia Donation Drive

    The Saving Lives Under the Rainbow Campaign seeks to continue raising the awareness of Sickle Cell Anemia among healthcare workers in the United States. A donation drive is being held to raise funds for initiatives that improve the lives of Sickle Cell Anemia survivors. Programs held by SCDAA include testing, counseling, scholarships and technical training programs.

    For every donation to help fight sickle cell, Rainbow Uniforms will give discounts on scrubs, uniforms and other medical accessories.

    We cordially invite your hospital, school, clinic or nursing home to join us in this initiative.

    Donations to the Sickle Cell Association of America will grant employees at your hospital or nursing home with weekly discounts at Rainbow Uniforms.

    Donations can be made at RainbowUniforms.com

    For more information contact:

    Jessica Mitchell
    Public Relations, M.S. 2011
    Syracuse University
    Jamitc02@syr.edu

    ReplyDelete