10.6.11

Friday Recap

Yesterday a kid came in with a bee sting - he had stomped on and then picked up the bee. Hard to feel sorry for that kid.

A kid bolted from the emotionally disturbed classroom yesterday. Police picked him up not too far away from campus. I really believe the teachers in that classroom are from another world; I can't imagine working with those kids.

I've taken to amusing myself by messing with the kids. When one comes to ask for an ice pack, I offer to amputate their limb instead or ask for a donation. Some of them find me hysterical, but I'm pretty sure there's a fair number that find me disturbing - I'm waiting to get a call from a parent asking why I tortured their child.

Why do parents not call me back? I know I'm no parent, but I like to imagine that if I were, and I received multiple messages from the school nurse asking to discuss the well-being of my child, I'd call back. Immediately. Especially if she gave me her personal cell phone number. But...no.

One more week. Everyone's already falling apart, and tempers are short. Time for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment