17.6.11

School's out for summer!!

I wish I could summarize this year more eloquently than the only word I can come up with: wow. It's been a whirlwind of a year filled with far more excitement than necessary, from heart attacks to asthma attacks to kids stoned out of their mind. Between the bursts of excitement, though, it's also not been dull. There have been days where blood is spattered over my office floor, and days where I just wanted to give up, with too many parents, staff, and kids driving me to the point of insanity. This job may not pay all that well, and I know I am an endangered species as a school nurse; even still, and even if this isn't true for every second, this job is great. I feel pretty darn lucky to have a job where I look forward to going back to school on Mondays, where I regularly collect hugs, and where quite frequently I find myself laughing to the point of tears. When I look back to the beginning of the year, it's amazing how much I've changed; I never thought I would make it through the school year much less want to come back from more. 

That said, I have been, to say the least, very much looking forward to my summer break that begins today. For my growing number of faithful readers, please add me to your RSS feed. I'm taking a sabbatical from this blog as I travel overseas (because as much as I love these kids, I need to get as far away from them as possible in an effort to recharge my draining self), and will return in August. 

Have a great summer and come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time overseas - sounds like you definitely deserve a break. See you in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading your whole blog and I found it very entertaining!! I am starting as a school nurse myself this month, and I look forward to reading more about your escapades this coming school year! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete