16.3.12

The highlight of my day:

Lunchtime, when the kindergarteners and first graders march past my office on their way to the cafeteria. Certain ones always shout at me, "I know you, you're the nurse [or doctor or other incorrect adjective]! You fixed me!" Or I get some, "Remember when...?" They love to remind me of that one day they had a bloody nose, or the time they puked in my office; the way they scream it while forgetting to walk in a line so that their teacher has to discipline them for both not using an inside voice and not maintaining a line is just the cutest thing ever.

Two weeks until Spring Break, layoff notices are out there, and everyone seems to be at their wit's end, particularly with the rainy week we've had (rainy week = rainy day recess). It's a good time to be the nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment