28.3.12

Murphy's Law:

If I wear my hair down, I will have to do a lice check.

I wear my hair up almost every day I'm at work, and frankly, it's for my own peace of mind. I sleep better at night when I keep my hair tied away from the blood, puke, lice, and other gross things I am exposed to. I've made only a handful of exceptions to this rule since I started working here, and today was one of them. I was going to be at my middle school, so I figured I was safe - rarely do I ever have a lice check at this school. So, naturally, I had to call in a girl that was being teased by her classmates, rumored to have lice. This time the rumors proved true: I could see them crawling all over her head at arm's length, and for a brief moment, I wanted to lose my breakfast. I'll take a kid projectile vomiting all over the place before a lice-carrying one any day.

Unrelated, as I've mentioned before, I had been giving out tangerines to kids from my over-productive tangerine tree in my front yard. You can probably imagine my disappointment when I went out for some tangerines last week only to find someone had cleaned me out. No more tangerines for me. Today, a  kindergartener came flying into my arms to ask if I had any "orange-ies" for her. Luckily I can catch 43 pounds, and as I did, I told her I didn't have any more, leaving out the sad fact that someone ripped me off of all of them. She gave me her logical solution: go buy some at the store. Thank you, five-year old.

Happy Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment