9.3.12

Take it, not take it

A little girl came to the office today holding not one, not two, but three inhalers in boxes all taped together. She said her teacher sent her there to drop them off because no one is allowed to carry medication without proper paperwork, much less a darling, tiny second grader who probably can't even press down on the inhaler on her own. Begrudgingly, I called her mom, fearing the normal retaliation I get on this issue ("but I already went to the doctor, I don't want to go back for paperwork," etc.). Instead, I got a pleasantly horrified mom who explained, "Before she went to school this morning, I told her to take her inhaler. But I meant take it, not take it - and certainly not all of them!"

The poor girl was just following mom's orders, and knowing her, she would never be doing anything but that. It made for a good laugh to start off the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment