20.8.12

Seriously

I am not making this up. I was out sick on Friday, and my nursing coordinator called me Friday night to let me know how my diabetics did for the day. (She knows me well, I won't sleep unless I know they were taken care of.) She also relayed to me the shocking story of the mental breakdown of a high school teacher. Apparently a teacher whose mental health was already questionable caved under the stress of the first week of school, and did something I still can't believe as I type it out. She divided the class in half, and threw trash on one half of the classroom. She explained: half of you (the students) will make something with your lives, the other half of you are garbage and are going to waste your life away. I can't imagine being the principal at that school and having to explain that one to parents.

Totally unrelated, I finally made it to my elementary school today (from here on out, referred to as Disneyland). The kids are just the cutest, and a couple of kindergarteners came to see me after a playground accident. While I cleaned up the scraped knees, one of them told me a very long, drawn out story. I didn't follow most of it, but I did catch the end. "And then I left my UNDERWEAR in the BATHROOM!!!"

And that is why I have learned to love kindergarteners. You might be feeling pretty crappy after a rough first week and unwillingly having to take a three day weekend that included strep throat followed by an amoxicillin reaction, but those kids can put a smile on your face like no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment