24.4.13

Ask Questions

I walked into my office in Diabetic Land at lunch time to find a couple of students already in there resting. I let them be while I prepared for the tornado storm that arrives when both my diabetics, multiple kids demanding their Ritalin, and a variety of playground injuries all enter my office simultaneously. Once the tornado of students cleared, I noticed a little girl still on the cot, just as she'd been when I arrived 30 minutes earlier. I asked her what was wrong, and she said she had a headache. "Have you had lunch today, or anything to drink?," I asked. She said she had. "Well, what might be causing your headache, then?," I asked. She explained, matter-of-factly, "My head hurts because one of the other girls in the lunch room was calling me names." 

Ahhh, it all becomes clear. 

On a different note, the mess that is Spitfire diabetic's home life seems to be continuing, as she walked into my office proclaiming, "My family is just a mess." (She explained: her aunt's fiancee left her a month before the wedding.)

1 comment:

  1. They both have great insight...but it's so sad to me when this happens to kids. You are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete