9.4.13

Poor baby :(

A little one came in first thing this morning complaining of a stomachache, which at that hour usually indicates one of two things: either the parent knowingly sent them to school sick or there is a quiz in class, or something of the sort, that they don't want to do. I asked his name and recognized it, because I had just met his father last week as I accepted medication for this little guy. He's new to the school, just started after spring break, and I asked him how he liked it here so far. "Not really," was his sad answer. He continued, "The other kids aren't friends with me." :(

I'm pretty good at keeping kids at school even when they don't want to be, but after what he said about not having friends here, and because I had met his father, I just let him call home. He's in third grade and his medical history includes diagnosis of a psychiatric disorder, and reportedly has hallucinations that cause him to hurt himself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment