2.4.13

Back in the saddle

Whew! It's already April. After spring break, it's easy to see summer on the horizon now, the light at the end of the tunnel. During my break I was catching up on old mail, and I was surprised to see a headline on the cover of California Educator, the magazine for members of the California Teacher's Association, entitled, "A Day in the Life of a School Nurse." I've been receiving this magazine since I started this job, and the vast majority of articles are pretty irrelevant for a school nurse. In fact, the only other article I remember reading in this magazine after almost 2 1/2 years was an article debating cursive lessons in classrooms. (Call me a dinosaur, I still prefer cursive.) I opened up the article and was even more surprised to find that the nurse highlighted works at my old high school in my hometown! Weird.

Click here to read the article for yourself. She has more students than I, but the rundown of her day sounds very familiar.

On a different note, I want to take a minute to say thank you to my readers for the kind words I get - both comments and emails. Even though I often don't respond, I so appreciate the support. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment