25.3.11

For realz

A month ago, during scoliosis screening, one of the nurses I was working with commented on a yard duty they saw: "That guy looks like he could work at Walmart." She likely said that - reading my own thoughts - because of his baggy jeans, oversized camouflage colored sweatshirt, neon orange vest, and for lack of a kinder description, his underachieving posture. I can vouch for the status she accurately pegged him at: I often see him around, doing absolutely nothing, and have heard from others that he never answers his walkie-talkie, and lets kids run away at their own pleasure. I'm pretty sure the only reason he has the job is because his dad is a custodian at the school, but unfortunately for us, like father, like son. Getting a paper towel replacement in my office can take a very long time sometimes. Fast forward to yesterday in the back of the office, where the attendance clerk was once again griping about the kid's seemingly lack of ability to do anything. Ever. A secretary responded, "Yeah, maybe he should just stay at Walmart. He's a greeter there too, you know?" 


So he actually does work at Walmart. Too perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment