17.3.11

They're not all punks

This morning I found on my desk a picture colored for me, complete with a full rainbow colored set of flowers. On the back: "You rock." I recognize the student's name but (sadly) can't place her; regardless, it's pretty sweet to walk into that on my desk rather than the usual pile of "Check ------'s eyes" notes.

Later, two second graders came into my office asking for ice packs. I commented that they looked very much in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day with all their green, and they asked if I was "doing Leprechaun, I mean St. Patrick's Day." I told them I'm the nurse and I need to work in my office, and they both simultaneously tore off some long green ribbons they were wearing around their necks that their teacher had given them. They told me to have it since I couldn't celebrate in a classroom, and despite my attempts at refusal - admittedly weak with appreciation and surprise at the gesture - insisted I keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment