21.10.11

Crushing

A little boy came to my office complaining of a stomachache, so I told him to lay down for a few minutes on the cot in my office. After a few minutes, I asked if he felt any better. He said it was still "a little bad" so I told him we could call his mom. She didn't answer, but he decided he was well enough to return to class, and off he went. A few minutes later, his mom called to ask if he was okay. I told her why he'd been in my office, and she laughed: "You know, I think he has a crush on you...He only goes in when you're there and when he gets home he is always fine and wants to tell me about you. I'll have to talk with him when he gets home today."
Lolz. A second grader with a crush on me? It's almost cute, but also just weird. (In the lawsuit riddled age we live in, I told mom I'd be keeping him out of my office unless he was really sick or injured.)
Unrelated, we are having some personnel issues in our district with a nurse soon retiring and one soon on disability. We're being stretched quite thin, and there's a forecast for four schools in my future. While I am totally ready for it, it's mostly disappointing for the kids' sake. :( At least it's the weekend - happy Friday!

Edit: It's less than a happy Friday. No thank you to the a**hole who scratched the school nurse's car this morning. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment