12.9.13

Up and down

I went to the bathroom just as one of my students came in for his lunch meds. I didn't see him until after I came back, and he ran at me screaming, "THERE YOU ARE!!!" and gave me a big hug. You'd have thought I had been lost for hours. (This kid has been particularly attached to me since he noticed my emerald ring as he LOVES gemstones; in fact, I keep forgetting to inform my fiancee that one of my students is expecting him to buy him a ring to match mine.) 

That was a much happier occurence than what happened when I went to screen a kindergartner. I showed him the headphones and explained the hearing screening, and he did okay until the machine started making the testing tones. He melted into tears, sobbing, begging me, "No beeps, no beeps." He sobbed inconsolably for the entire twenty minutes I was in the classroom, and still was crying as I left. Poor kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment