13.11.13

Just another day...

My morning at the Institution started off helping out a vomiting 7th grader, and, let me tell you, there's nothing quite like being nearly five months pregnant and already nauseous when you need to help a sick little girl. Lovely. In seemingly no time, my diabetic was here for her insulin. Shortly after, I got a call from another nurse. She'd been on standby for jury duty and just received notice that she needed to be in court shortly, so I flew off to go cover her diabetic. While at the foreign middle school taking care of her diabetic, they asked me to do a vision check and call the parent of a student who'd been elbowed in the eye earlier in the day, plus a few small first aid issues. I finally made it to Diabetic Land, where in the few minutes I was there before Spitfire made it to the office, I was told to go get the wheelchair; a student on the playground had twisted his ankle. I took care of him, the student that had vomited on the tetherball, the girl who scraped and skinned her knee, gave out some Ritalin, after Spitfire's blood sugar check and before she returned for her insulin. Finally, two hours after I'd left, I made it back to the Institution where I scarfed down my end-of-the-day lunch while trying to input some last minute IEP information that, not surprisingly, I've been getting behind on. 

Whew. 

1 comment:

  1. Sudsy, RN, MSN :)14/11/13 08:19

    Wow! Quite a day! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete