18.11.13

Randoms

Lice in the news: Q&A: MORE LENIENT LICE POLICIES BUG SOME PARENTS. Happily, there's been surprisingly little fuss that I've received (from parents, there's been plenty from school staff) about our new policy.

Our computers were down this morning, so I had to pull paper emergency cards to call home for a couple of kids. One didn't feel well, and was speaking to me in horribly structured sentences. His emergency card explained why; under "Language Spoken" someone had written "Einglish." And on another, under "Language Spoken" on the English version, someone had written "Ingles." With auto-correct on smartphones, I fear what will be happening to our written language over the next generation. (Yes, I am aware I sound about 200 years old.)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had to deal with lice (and I fervently hope I'll never have to) but close friends have. It's a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with. I understand all the points made in the article, but it doesn't make me feel any better!

    ReplyDelete