12.11.13

Putting things in perspective

I've been slacking big time on this blog this year, and it's not just because we're understaffed, I blame this little thumb-sucking cutie: 

That's my baby!! Being pregnant has been awesome (and not, but hopefully afterward I'll have amnesia about that part of it like every other mother seems to get) and exhausting, and I've been letting other things go in favor of...well, doing absolutely nothing, outside of growing a human being. I'll have to catch this up more when I'm more energized than I am now (hah! Energy is something I left behind about four months ago.), but our district appears to be gearing up to follow suit of surrounding districts and replace us RNs with LVNs. It's a move I can't argue with, it'll allow the district to hire more nurses at a lower cost, and rather than be terrified that I will surely not have this job in two years from now - and a young child - I'm finding myself quite unconcerned with the matter. Nothing like a baby inside of you to put life in perspective. 

I'm due at the end of March, and I sent an email today to my assigned HR person to ask how maternity leave works. In Exhibit A of just how inefficient our school districts are, my HR lady replied back to say that she was forwarding my email to a different HR employee, who then replied back to me to say she was forwarding my email again to a different, and finally correct, HR employee. It appears, albeit with a pay cut, I'll be able to afford to leave from birth through summer. Hallelujah. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Love your blog.....and what an awesome maternity leave! Praying for God's will with your job :)
    p.s. is there any reason why the date says 12/11/13 ? hehe
    JulieRN - AL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Parenthood is the most amazing trip ever! And don't worry - you forget all the misery of pregnancy and delivery and do it again in a heartbeat! :) Being a mom is THAT good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a brand new RN, and this is my first year as a school nurse. I, too, am pregnant and due at the end of March. I think it's great to have a 5 month maternity leave (till the end of summer), but I agree with the inclination to sympathetically vomit with the poor kiddos. Hope your pregnancy goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete